Illuminerte manuskripter et ofte håndskrevet manuskript som er utstyrt med bilder, border og forseggjorte forbokstaver i initialer og titler.
- Catalogue of illuminated manuscripts at the British Library (cataloguing in progress)
- Medieval Illuminated Manuscipts Digitized illuminated manuscripts from the Dutch Royal Library
- Brown, Michelle (1994), Glossary of Manuscript Terms, adapted from Understanding Illuminated Manuscripts: A Guide to Technical Terms, ISBN 0892362170
- Herbert, J. A. (1911), Illuminated Manuscripts, online book.
- Ross, Nancy, Resources for English Illuminated Manuscripts.
- Medieval manuscript leaves. 12th – 16th century.
- The Illuminated Middle Ages. Several hundred digitized illuminated texts from French national library collections. (commercial)
- CORSAIR. Thousands of digital images from the Morgan Library's renowned collection of medieval and Renaissance manuscripts
- Illuminated Manuscripts in the J. Paul Getty Museum - Los Angeles
- Unlocking the Secrets of Medieval Painters and Illuminators
- The Saint John's Bible: an illuminated Bible project currently underway
- Ellen Frank Illumination Arts Foundation: Revitalizing the fine art of illumination as a tool for peace and understanding.